Who i am
BI & Database Administrator/ Analyst
An Experienced IT professional with database administrator/analyst & Software Engineer skills who can bring a diverse skill set and creative drive to software application development.
Innovative experience in the full software development lifecycle from concept through delivery of next-generation applications and customizable solutions
Expert in advanced development methodologies, tools and processes contributing to the design and rollout of cutting-edge software applications.
Known for excellent troubleshooting skills – able to analyze code and engineer well-researched, cost-effective and responsive solutions
ETL Data Conversion Specialist
- ETL - SSIS
- MSSQL - Data Conversion scripts
- Completing data mapping for all master fields for all servicing transfer conversions.
- Using various tools and processes, to complete data conversions from other software packages in a timely and accurate manner
- Developing and maintaining internal and customer-facing conversion documentation –Data mapping, Data Validation etc.
- Developing/testing/processing data conversion routines and verifying data integrity
- Convert data from multiple data sources – MSSQL, MySQL, and Oracle into Microsoft SQL Server
- Creating complex T-SQL scripts, as needed to facilitate conversion
- Reconciling converted financial data to ensure conversion accuracy
- Interpreting requirements and defining necessary system setups
- Participating in Core Team meetings to provide status reports to and discuss potential client issues.
- Traveling during data mapping/discovery sessions with US government Clients in North America.
Database Administrator/ Analyst
- BI Developer
- Database Analyst - SSIS/SSRS
Database Administrator and analyst tasks (AWS RDS)
- Deployed MYSQL databases on Amazon RDS.
- Managing multiple MySQL databases on Amazon RDS and MSSQL database.
- Developing and maintaining MYSQL (Application Database), MSSQL (SSRS Reporting Database), MYSQL (SSRS Reporting Database).
- Managing noSQL data on Amazon Dynamo DB.
- Setup backup, group policy and security on Amazon RDS account.
- Created development, staging and live database server
- Handling Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions via Code Repositories (GitHub with Source tree).
- Indexing database tables and improving performance of database
Business Intelligence – SSIS/SSRS – MS SQL Server 2012 - Finance, Account and Sales Data Management Warehouse
- Collecting company financial and sales data from different source of database and loading into Data warehouse for reporting purpose .
- Building and maintaining SSIS ETL packages to export and import data from flat files (csv, text),
- Excel spreadsheet, MYSQL , and MSSQL databases.
- Scheduled and managed daily/weekly/monthly sales and operational SSRS reports based on the business requirements.
- Designing and developing stored procedures, queries and views necessary to support SSRS reports
- Managing development, strategic and programming plan via AHA! project management tool
- Designing database schema
- Writing specification and documentation of new MySQL database changes
- Writing and optimizing SQL queries for developers as per requirements.
- Designing and developing database structure and deploying to Amazon RDS
- Writing scripts for mapping old data from old database to new database.
Software Engineer - Database Administrator
- Database Design - MSSQL & MYSQL
- Involved in all IT, technical and development projects.
- Processed complex and high volume ETL processes
- Installed and maintained databases.
- Created back up copies of data.
- Determined operation feasibility by collecting requirements, calculating analysis, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Documented requirements and develop logical and physical specification.
- Identify problems or improvements, implementations, and research technical information to design develop and test computer or mobile based systems.
- Responsible for producing and designing a detailed data model of a database, including all necessary logical and physical design elements.
- Documented and demonstrated solutions by developing database, process, network diagram, flow chart, layouts, relational diagrams.
- Created a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Defined the scope of the project in collaboration with Information manager.
- Managed projects milestone and schedule project completion date.
- Wrote scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
- Managed and test backup and recovery plans.
- Tested the product in controlled, real situation before going live.
- Prepared training manuals for external and internal users.
- Maintained the system once they are up and running.
- Developed Procedure, functions, SSIS Package, Windows Batch File, Automated Data Extract Tools, etc
- Built Compliance Reports Having FINTRACT Standards, Business Reports, Marketing Reports, etc.
- Technologies: .NET Business intelligence, SQL Server R2, Post Grey SQL, PGPL-SQL language, Macros, SQL Server Job Agent, Task Scheduler, Batch Files, CSV Files and Excel
Web Developer & IT Support (Contract)
- Web design
- IT Support
Web development – www.jeds.ca
- Maintained and updated current website – jeds.ca
- Designed, coded and modified website, from layout to function and according to requirements.
- Managed, maintained, developed and deployed applications and databases in response to business needs
- Regular maintenance of the website to ensure that information and linkages remain timely and accurate including the archiving of obsolete information and inputting of new/updated information.
- Migrated company infrastructure from windows 7 professional server to MS windows 2008 R2 server.
- Installed, configured and setup server 2008 R2 with DNS.
- Created DHCP and company forest.
- Network Drive setup and created permission for each users and groups
- Migrated each work station to new server from old server
- Maintained 99.9% network reliability
- Helped company to migrate from SAGE 50 to PCMX pro.
- Established, tested and maintained server back-ups
- Provided daily on going IT support
- Attended meetings with hardware/software vendors as required